Friday, April 29, 2011

Haier RRTG21PABW 20.7 Cubic Foot Top Mount Refrigerator White Problem

Haier RRTG21PABW 20.7 Cubic Foot Top Mount Refrigerator, WhiteHaier RRTG21PABW 20.7 Cubic Foot Top Mount Refrigerator White ProblemHaier RRTG21PABW 20.7 Cubic Foot Top Mount Refrigerator White.

This refrigerator has a design problem with it's thermostat which tends to stick at random causing it to stop operating. Luckily for me, the problem began showing up immediately which put it under the Amazon guarantee. Amazon gave me several options to choose from in order resolve the problem to my satisfaction. However, when I bought this product, I was warned by another buyer via an Amazon referral on this product, of this problem. Unfortunately for him, the problem didn't show up until he had the refrigerator for several months, so the Amazon guarantee had expired. I bought this refrigerator because it seemed to be exactly what I needed at a good price. I thought that other guy's problem with this product was probably just a fluke. I was wrong, it's a mechanical design problem.

It sat several days at the freight office. When I called them and asked why it sat so long, they said they didn't have my phone number. Took a day off of work to receive the reefer, and the freight office sent only one guy instead of two. The two of us wrestled the reefer into the house and I changed the door swing, loaded up the fridge, and turned it on.

FIVE HOURS later and it isn't even cool in the freezer, even though the compressor's humming. I got online and went to Haier's Website. They have a troubleshooting solver online, only this item isn't listed. I called their help number, got hung up on, called back, and got put on hold.

Amazon is refunding my money. Haier RRTG21PABW 20.7 Cubic Foot Top Mount Refrigerator, WhiteHaier RRTG21PABW 20.7 Cubic Foot Top Mount Refrigerator White Problem.